California’s California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) provide California applicants and employees with certain rights:
• Knowledge of information collected;
• Deletion of information collected;
• Opt-out of information collected;
• Opt-in of information collected;
• Correction of information collected;
• Go to court;
• Limit use of information collected;
• Not to be discriminated or retaliated against for exercising rights under the law.
Where We Get Your Information From. The Company collects information about you from the following sources: 1) you; 2) prior employers, references, recruiters, job-related social media platforms; 3) third-party sources of demographic information; 4) third-party companies, such as background check companies, drug testing facilities; and 5) claim administrators and investigators. Depending on the Company’s interactions with you, we may or may not collect all of the information identified about you.
The Personal and Sensitive Personal Information That We May Be Collecting. We may be collecting the following information:
• Identifiers, such as name, government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number), and unique identifiers (e.g., employee ID number);
• Personal information, such as real name, signature, SSN, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number, federal identification authorizing work in the United States, access and/or passcodes, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
• Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, marital status, gender, sex, race, color, disability, citizenship, primary language, immigration status, military/veteran status, disability, request for leave, and medical conditions;
• Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history (e.g., in connection with travel or other reimbursements or purchases from the Company);
• Internet, Intranet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our online systems and websites and any personal information that you provide while accessing the Company’s computer systems, such as passwords;
• Geolocation data, such as device location from usage of the Company’s devices or Company’s timekeeping system;
• Biometric information related to access to the Company’s timekeeping system;
• Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information;
• Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
• Non-public education information; and
• Inferences drawn from any of the Personal and Sensitive Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
How Your Personal and Sensitive Personal Information is Used. We may use Personal and Sensitive Personal Information:
• To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. for example, if you share your name, contact information, and resume to be considered for a job posting, we will use that personal information in evaluating your qualifications for that position;
• To operate, manage, and maintain our business;
• For hiring, retention, and employment purposes;
• To otherwise accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including, for example:
o Emergency services;
o Conducting research, analytics, and data analysis;
o Maintaining our facilities and infrastructure;
o Quality and safety assurance measures;
o Conducting risk and security controls and monitoring;
o Protecting confidential and trade secret information;
o Detecting and preventing fraud;
o Performing identity verification;
o Performing accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations;
o Complying with the law, legal process, and internal policies;
– Maintaining records;
– Claims processing;
– Responding to legal requests for information and subpoenas; and
– Exercising and defending legal claims.
• For any other purposes authorized by the California Privacy Protection Agency, California or Federal law.
We may or may not have used Personal and Sensitive Personal Information about you for each of the above purposes.
Sharing of Personal Information. We only share your information with the following third-party entities: our service providers, and third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with services provided to you.
Selling of Personal Information. The Company DOES NOT SELL your personal information.
Data Retention. The Company retains the information it receives about you pursuant to our records retention policy, unless a specific period is required by California or Federal law.
For Inquiries and/or to Submit Requests for Information, Deletion or Correction. Please contact: (1) Human Resources, 325 Alliance Place NE, Rochester, MN 55906, or (2) 888-657-4769, or (3) HR@outdoorlivingsupply.net for inquiries about the Company’s policy, or to submit your requests for information, deletion or correction.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA and CPRA provide California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA and CRPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal and sensitive information unless responding to the request is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will disclose to you:
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please request or download the Personal Data Request Form and send it to Human Resources at HR@outdoorlivingsupply.net. Please include the information listed on the form to confirm your identity. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must:
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to confirm the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
The Company DOES NOT SELL your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA or CPRA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA or CPRA, we will not:
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits employees that are California residents to request certain information regarding any disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email via HR@outdoorlivingsupply.net.
Changes To Notice
The Company may make changes to this Notice. Notification of changes will be posted on the Company’s Intranet. You should review this Notice periodically to keep up to date on our most current policies and practices.
Date Of Last Update: January 1, 2023